Serving on RVTC Board of Directors
Thank you for your interest in serving on the Board of Directors for Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities. We hope that the following information will be helpful in your discernment.
Our Mission Statement:
To shine the hope and mercy of Christ into the dark night of human pain experienced by parents and families who have lost a child to abortion.
Who We Are:
Rachel’s Vineyard Twin Cities is a Catholic 501(c)3 non-profit organization that offers three weekend retreats a year to help women and men resolve issues of guilt, shame, pain, grief, and anxiety after an abortion. Our retreats are open to people of all faiths and anyone impacted by abortion (moms, dads, grandparents, siblings, abortion workers, etc.).
Click here to see the current members of our Board of Directors:
- Attend Board Meetings in person or via videoconference (generally 5 to 6 times per year). Actively participate in discussions and decisions.
- Commit to a 2 year term, with the option to serve additional terms.
- Actively participate in at least one committee.
- Nominating Committee
- Manages succession planning and process for incoming and outgoing Board members.
- Acts as ambassadors for incoming and outgoing Board members.
- Outreach and Marketing
- Spreads the work and mission of RVTC to parishes, priests, deacons & lay people.
- Recruit priests & deacons to serve on retreats.
- Respond to outreach requests (talks, event tables, etc.)
- Develop an advertising plan and budget.
- Bylaws / Legal
- Ensures that the governing documents are current.
- Long Range Planning
- Establishes long term goals.
- Assists committees to ensure their objectives are targeting long term goals.
- Ad Hoc committees assigned for a specific time period and project (example: 20th Anniversary Celebration)
- Nominating Committee
- Service on RVTC’s Board of Directors is a volunteer service, without financial remuneration.
- As a small non-profit, we employ only one staff member, the Executive Director, who oversees the retreats and volunteers. All work is done by volunteers; therefore, those serving on our Board of Directors need to be self-supporting and willing to roll up their sleeves to help us accomplish our goals.
- Communications between meetings are generally electronic via an assigned RVTC email account and G-Suite collaboration tools (Gmail and Calendar, Google Hangout, Google Docs, Google Drive). Familiarity with these tools or the aptitude and willingness to learn and adapt to using these tools is essential to effectively working with the Board of Directors.
- Each Board member is responsible for providing their own computer to access Board communications.
- Although not required for consideration, we are seeking expertise in several areas:
- Marketing – raising awareness, advertising retreats, working with social media
- Fundraising – general fundraising, endowments, grants
- Legal – focus on running non-profits and business law
- Finance and Accounting
- Organization and Administration
- Spiritual Advisor – Clergy or Trained Spiritual Advisor